Paph stonei “simple” single flower

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every P. stonei in flower is a feast for the eyes.....no matter if there are three or four flowers or just one single flower. Congrats !

Interesting Michael. I recently purchased this off of eBay
"This auction is brought to you by PC Orchids, Inc. The plant offered is the beautiful
Paph. Stonei 'Pisgah Beauty
Paph stonei is a really stunning species that is not too common in collections. They are slow growers until they get close to blooming size, which accounts for their scarcity. Once up to size they are good growers and reliable bloomers. The blooms measure 5" wide x 6" long! "
The ad didn't say whether it was a division or a selfing. You can see from their ad above they leave the clonal name with a single quote mark adding to the confusion. Plus my tag only reads Paph stonei.
Michael do you know this vendor personally? It would be interesting to know if I need to add the clonal name to my tag.

Interesting Michael. I recently purchased this off of eBay
"This auction is brought to you by PC Orchids, Inc. The plant offered is the beautiful
Paph. Stonei 'Pisgah Beauty
Paph stonei is a really stunning species that is not too common in collections. They are slow growers until they get close to blooming size, which accounts for their scarcity. Once up to size they are good growers and reliable bloomers. The blooms measure 5" wide x 6" long! "
The ad didn't say whether it was a division or a selfing. You can see from their ad above they leave the clonal name with a single quote mark adding to the confusion. Plus my tag only reads Paph stonei.
Michael do you know this vendor personally? It would be interesting to know if I need to add the clonal name to my tag.
Hello. I do not know personally but have had several correspondence with her as I also purchased from this vendor’s store several years ago along with a few other species and hybrids that were also named ‘Pisgah’ although those tags also did not have this clonal name on the Maudai and the Pinocchio hybrids I received.
The two stonei I purchased were specifically indicated as ‘Pisgah Beauty’ when we emailed back and forth although the tags only listed Paph stonei in bold letters. I can contact her again to confirm the clonal name is correct. She has been very helpful in the past.

After I posted above I sent a message to them through Ebay asking for clarification. Let's see what they say.

I can only join the chorus! And if I had to choose between one splendiferous flower and 4-5 petty, pretty average ones, I wouldn't have much difficulty in making my choice!
Maybe the choice wasn't so difficult for your plant either, as it seems to have directed all its energy and effort into producing one exceptionally nice flower?!

Latest posts

Back