Paph Stone Praetorian

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
It is Christmas morning here, so Merry Christmas everyone. Everyone is still in bed so I thought I would post this one.

This one is a bit of a Christmas present for me. It is a first flowering seedling that has taken me about 15 years to flower. It has been slow and then just when the original growth got to flowering size, it rotted, so I had to start again. So finally made it. A beautiful healthy growth now. It has some nice features but some flaws also. The dorsal doesn't open up for a starters (from the stonei).

These used to be called 'Yellow Tiger' but are now known as 'Stone Praetorian'. 'Yellow Tiger' is platyphyllum x praestans.

Paph Stone Praetorian (stonei 'San Carlos' x praestans 'Sundar Isles')

Stone%20Praetorian%202.jpg

Stone%20Praetorian.jpg

I've got one of these as well and it's truly a wonderful and uncommon hybrid that you just don't see very often. Mine's currently been on sabbatical the past couple of years but I am hoping it'll bloom in 2021.

Im awake!.
Merry Christmas , David!
Lovely. Reminds me of your SB 'Paracombe' but a wider dorsal. 5 flowers would be spectacular......one day???

Actually SB 'Paracombe' has the wider dorsal. In fact, I think that is SB 'Paracombe's' most dominant feature. It has a bigger dorsal than most roths that I have flowered.

thats a great outcome!! perhaps on a bigger plant will produce more flowers..... the tall stonei infourescence is a special++++

A very nice clone. Great dorsal and petal length. I haven’t got mine to give more than 4 blooms, but you never know...
Chris, UK

Latest posts

Back