Paph Stone Addict

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denver

Reaction score
this was in bloom earlier this Summer but I was too busy to post it then. Got it repotted yesterday and am curious if anyone knows how bright to grow it. Should it be nice and bright like its Stonei parent or a little shadier after the Adductum?

OPw6d4ul.jpg

un48muRl.jpg

JpXYKEnl.jpg

It looks quite happy with whatever light levels you're giving it. I love the flowers. The parental characteristics work together really well. Great outcome.

well, it was in very low spike when I got it, so all I managed was to not blast the buds.

But yes, I love the way the two parents combine

I had a friend back in the early 90's who did a lot of slipper hunting in S.E. Asia. He said that Paph. stonei was growing in near darkness, the forest canopy was so thick. I assume that they bloomed better in the years that had less rain, causing the canopy to open up a bit and let more shafts of light reach the forest floor. But still, they were definitely deep shade-loving plants, at least most of the time.

Really nice flower, BTW.

I love these flowers. They do combine the two species very well. The markings on the petals contrast very well with the light look of the stonei influenced dorsal. Can I ask where you got the plant? I have been looking for this cross for a long time with no luck.

I love these flowers. They do combine the two species very well. The markings on the petals contrast very well with the light look of the stonei influenced dorsal. Can I ask where you got the plant? I have been looking for this cross for a long time with no luck.

Try not to sound so desperate!:poke:

I had been looking for a while too and then was lucky enough to stumble upon one on Ebay. It certainly seems like someone should remake the cross as it is a great one and appears to be very hard to find.

Back