Paph Stealth: Hysinying Maru x Roth 'Terry'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paphioland

Reaction score
Paph Stealth 'Usuki'

Hysinying Maru x Roth 'Terry '

This baby has an 7.8 cm dorsal and 3 cm petals and I think it is still growing also has a bud above it. Supposedly better than recently awarded FCC

PICT0160.jpg

PICT0201.jpg

Here is to give you reference to the size of the bloom. It is really large.

The link of that paph of the same cross wasn't awarded was it??? The link shows impressive coloration, but the form is not great at all. The dorsal of yours is great. What I'm talking about are the petals on yours. Maybe they'll flatten out some. Or maybe it's the angle of your shot. Did you take it in for judging?

The link of that paph of the same cross wasn't awarded was it??? The link shows impressive coloration, but the form is not great at all. The dorsal of yours is great. What I'm talking about are the petals on yours. Maybe they'll flatten out some. Or maybe it's the angle of your shot. Did you take it in for judging?

If you read it talks about how these crosses have notoriously bad form. I don't usually take things for judging unless it is really convenient and I am in the mood. Or someone asks if they can take it for me like the Henranum.
Judges can drive me crazy sometimes especially when they judge plants they have prob only seen three of. Like take roths for example how many have most judges seen? A perfect example is the OZ awards for roths in 2001. The awarding was so random. Some of the best got HCC and weren't awarded. Some of the lesser got high scores. Maybe Leo was the only one accurately judged. I never take my roths in because I already know what the strengths and weaknesses of each are in my mind.

I may take these because I will be around a judging center soon by chance. We will see. Frank Smith got an fcc a few weeks back with one not quite as good as this one or comparable. I think Terry was telling John Chant about Franks and this one. That tempts me to take it in as an experiment.

I am actually going to cross this back to a really good Roth and my Wayne Booth'BlackMagic'.

I like the dorsal on that one! I'd like to see this crossed with wardii, as it is also a good parent to use among the 'black' breeding lines.

I like the dorsal on that one! I'd like to see this crossed with wardii, as it is also a good parent to use among the 'black' breeding lines.
thanks for the suggestion. I have a pretty nice wardii not sure if I have the pollen. i am going to try and go toward creating more roth like dark flowers by crossing it back to roth and my wayne booth 'black magic'

I don't think you've ever posted pics of your growing area/g.h? I'm sure many folks would like to see it.

I don't think you've ever posted pics of your growing area/g.h? I'm sure many folks would like to see it.

I grow in a greenhouse and indoors. If I get a chance I will take pics of the greenhouse space.

Back