Paph. Star Search in bloom

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Paph. glanduliferum x (Star Search x Emerald) ‘Pigsah’

I have been looking for a dark purple/black multifloral or sequential slipper for years. My goal is to find a dark/purple multifloral Maudiae type flower.
I purchased this in double spike from an eBay seller. I already had a 2 fan plant of this hybrid 1-2 years from blooming but could not resist an in spike plant. I think it’s interesting and the plant is a compact specimen (not much room left in my growing area).1620610176009.jpeg
1620610205468.jpeg

Attachments

• 1620610423364.jpeg
    1620610423364.jpeg
    73 KB · Views: 1
How dark and menacing but strangely enticing! I like it.

Could you take a pic of the whole plant with a reference for size? I’m curious as to it’s Maudiae influence.

Also, can I have permission to use your pics in my Black Orchid talk scheduled for the AOS webinar series in October this year?

How dark and menacing but strangely enticing! I like it.

Could you take a pic of the whole plant with a reference for size? I’m curious as to it’s Maudiae influence.

Also, can I have permission to use your pics in my Black Orchid talk scheduled for the AOS webinar series in October this year?
Absolutely have permission.
here are photos of the flower from the grower provided to me (you can see the PC Orchids embedded writing in on them).
I will take photos of the entire plant with a ruler next to today and send.
1620650607558.png
1620650743663.png

any chance this clonal name has a typo?
(Star Search x Emerald) ‘Pigsah’

'Pisgah' maybe? .... just in case it screws with us in the future...

any chance this clonal name has a typo?
(Star Search x Emerald) ‘Pigsah’

'Pisgah' maybe? .... just in case it screws with us in the future...
Oops. It is ‘Pisgah’ ......darn auto correct and not double checking.
I also have Paph. Pisgah Midnight labeled “Black” by same seller source
1620664632346.jpeg

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder..........or grower.......or owner.......I personally like the shape and color.....
Michael, indeed it is you are absolutely right. Colour is very dark and intense and what you expected. I also could live with the shape even if I had expected a better one. Maybe there might be an improvement in the future ?

Latest posts

Back