Paph. St. Swithins

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s1214215

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

This is my Paph. St. Swithins that I got as division from Jim McCubbin, one of our members at TAPS and a great paph grower.

Brett
SAM_2236.jpg

SAM_2241.jpg

Sadly the last bloom is not open all the way yet.. Sending the spike to the AOC in Perth tomorrow.. Will cry cutting the spike.

Brett

Thanks Bill and Jean.. This is my first multifloral, well FS plant that is.. Its got me eager to see my seedlings of stonei alba, gigantiflorum, and kolopakingii alba bloom now LOL.. so many years to go though..

Great Saint Swithin. Perhaps the shape could be a little better, but the color is incredible.

Nice dorsal...the roth parent must have had a nice one!

I was told that the petal length in St. Swithins is dependant on the parents used and that there are some that have the petals standing out more as a result and that the petals are less lengthy. I am no paph expert by any means. So please correct me if this not correct

Thanks for the comments. I am pleased I got this from Jim (Jimspaphs), its certainly a good one and has a special place in my collection.

Brett

Does it say any colonal names. It is a great Saint Swithin. You should be very happy.

Does it say any colonal names. It is a great Saint Swithin. You should be very happy.

I will have a look at the tag when I go to my greenhouse on Thursday. I think it was not named though as any particular variety, but I have the parents clonal names.

Brett

Latest posts

Back