Paph St.Swithin

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can only second Oz and Happy...and if the "dark patch" you are referring to, is the one shown in the dorsal of the central flower, it wouldn't keep me awake at night... just a proof of your plant seemingly teeming with anthocyanin! 😉

I can only second Oz and Happy...and if the "dark patch" you are referring to, is the one shown in the dorsal of the central flower, it wouldn't keep me awake at night... just a proof of your plant seemingly teeming with anthocyanin! 😉
I'm all about the anthocyanin.
I was contemplating putting a vini pollen onto it.

A very nice SS, better than most. Don't worry about the central flush in the dorsal, it's just the philippinense in it showing up.

Hey David, I adore your St. Swithin!! I find the dark patch in the dorsal to be very attractive! When you look at St. Swithin, one of the most awarded hybrids ever, I am always looking for something new and exciting. Your baby has that.
It is just a little baby. Wait until it grows up and has a good deal of energy stored within, then it will really put out flowers.
Yours has above average color and for that reason it is a cool plant and to find that central patch of intense color only adds to its beauty in my eyes!
Very nice plant.

Lovely flowers and the mentioned 'dark patch' is only in one flower, so don't worry about that. The probability is very high it won't appear with future flowerings. Not to forget it's a good photo, too so altogether a very nice presentation. 👍

Latest posts

Back