Paph St. Swithin 'Tanya' HCC

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
My friend Jay, got a HCC this past weekend in the Galveston Bay OS show.

St%20Switins%20Tanya%20HCC1_zpsly0vjgxu.jpg

The dorsal got beat up by the wire hook you see there around the stem. As a fact, most of the plants I transported to the show and back got a work'in over:eek:
St%20Switins%20Tanya%20HCC2_zpstzlrmirv.jpg

Justin and all. Its a Frank Smith crossing of roth 'Crystelle' by phili 'Alford'. Jay picked it up from Frank directly or from June's when she was in business

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Very nice?

How come beat up? Rough mountain pass???
Well Dot no mountain passes but to stuff three trays of plants in the back of my Ford Sports Trac and two in the bed with a bunch of display props, dragging a 16 ft trailor behind me 15 or so miles in houston traffic on a interstate for forty yrs has been under re- construction, I-45, with make shift backtop roads running off on berms and grassland. If that wasn't bad enough, have two plants, this one included, too tall to fit in the back had to set pots on the floor board in the front seat with spikes laying back towards me to keep from whipping and breaking. My Inti's Tears was the other one. Noope, no mountain passes. :D

Well Dot no mountain passes but to stuff three trays of plants in the back of my Ford Sports Trac and two in the bed with a bunch of display props, dragging a 16 ft trailor behind me 15 or so miles in houston traffic on a interstate for forty yrs has been under re- construction, I-45, with make shift backtop roads running off on berms and grassland. If that wasn't bad enough, have two plants, this one included, too tall to fit in the back had to set pots on the floor board in the front seat with spikes laying back towards me to keep from whipping and breaking. My Inti's Tears was the other one. Noope, no mountain passes. :D

I was joking, of course. But I empathize with the juggling you had to do to fit everything in. I have a Honda Fit, which can hold an amazing amount of plants, but not also with staging!

Latest posts

Back