Paph St. Swithin 'King of Kings'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Greenpaph

Currently in bloom for the first time.

Thanks, Heather

PaphSt.jpg

Wow very nice.... Speaking of mislabelled plants... We bought the collection of a place called Pinecrest Orchids. We had a parishii that bloome dout to be a Brecko Wishmist yesterday. I have a feeling this isn't the only mislabelled plant in the group...

TADD said:
Wow very nice.... Speaking of mislabelled plants... We bought the collection of a place called Pinecrest Orchids. We had a parishii that bloome dout to be a Brecko Wishmist yesterday. I have a feeling this isn't the only mislabelled plant in the group...

Tadd,

So that is where their collection went! I have been trying to locat them for about a year now! I bought a number of plants from them in the past.

thanks

Rick said:
Is that a big one Peter?

Rick,

The overall spread from petal tip to petal tip is 8 in (20 cm).

The dorsal is 1.5 in (2.5 cm) wide and 2.25 in (6 cm) vertical

Petals are 1cm wide and 6 in (15 cm) long

thanks

I like it...Peter, don't you have a hybrid w/ King of Kings? I like one of the flasks you sent has it in the mix.

Park Bear said:
I like it...Peter, don't you have a hybrid w/ King of Kings? I like one of the flasks you sent has it in the mix.

No, the hybrids used in some of the compots that you recieved had Lady Isabel 'Prince of Peace' and St. Swithin 'Vessel of Gold'

The only other hybrid I gave a varietal name of King of Kings is my Lawless Addsand; which did not bloom yet this year. But here is a picture of last years flowers:

Addicted Phillip x sanderianum

LawlessAddsandKingofKings.jpg

TADD said:

TADD,
I have a pretty good working relationship with Le and Jay at Pinecrest and I am happy to now know where their collection landed. I was in a few weeks ago (before reading this post) and, oddly enough, was looking for a parishii. He told me that a flask he had gotten back from the lab was mishandled and that some of the flask came out something other than parishii. It must have been Brecko Wishmist.

He would not sell any of the three "parishii" he still had from that flask (he did not sell them to you last year because they were growing differently than the others in the flask, he said) because he did not know what flower would emerge. Your "parishii" must have evaded his first cull.

Every orchid I have bought from Pinecrest has bloomed true and both Le and Jay take their growing very seriously; I have a great respect for them both. I am confident that this was a fairly isolated mistake, and I hope that you are enjoying the plants, despite the mistake. I would love to hear an update about how the plants are doing, as I looked them over many times.

All the best,
Per

Hey Per,
The plants from them are doing great. I was just excited to see the parishii bloom. I haven't noticed any of the other plants being mislabelled. I have never met them, my boss talked very positive on them. We have a few big multis blooming or spiking right now so things are getting really cool!

TADD said:
Hey Per,
The plants from them are doing great. I was just excited to see the parishii bloom. I haven't noticed any of the other plants being mislabelled. I have never met them, my boss talked very positive on them. We have a few big multis blooming or spiking right now so things are getting really cool!

That is great to hear. Thanks for the prompt update! Please excuse my ignorance, but who do you work for? On my next trip to NC, I would love to see your greenhouse if it is open to the public. Anyway, it's off to class for me.

All the best,
Per

Latest posts

Back