Paph spicerianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle

Reaction score
After growing 2 of these from small seedlings, they are now starting to bloom. I almost took theme to my society auction in October.

This is the first one, the other is a couple of weeks behind.

Not the best shape or size, but I like that the stem is erect and able to hold the flower up without needing a stake.

Paphspicerianum2.jpg

Paphspicerianum1.jpg

Kyle

:clap::clap: ....being a first time bloom, I'd give it another chance, it looks like it has nice potential!

I'll give it another chance, its a good grower and I like that the stem isn't floppy like others I've seen. I've had it for 3 years

Kyle

I almost took theme to my society auction in October.
Kyle

Hi Kyle,
luckily you didn't and nice to hear from you on this board again.

Not the best shape or size, but I like that the stem is erect and able to hold the flower up without needing a stake....

No need to be too humble, it's a really nice flower for a first time bloomer. I like particularly the colour and the firm stem. To be honest I don't like to stake flower stems - it looks so artificial but sometimes it's really necessary.
Best regards from Germany, GuRu

Thanks Guru,

I am happy with it too. I won't be seeing you this year in Dresden. How are the plants you got from me last year growing?

Have other picture to post and will do so soon.

Kyle

...I won't be seeing you this year in Dresden. How are the plants you got from me last year growing?...

Hi Kyle,
The Phragmipedium grows happily although I think it will take another year or slightly longer until it gets to flowering size.
I haven't expected to meet you again in Dresden this year. It's a long and expensive journey from Canada to Germany and back and perhaps too much trouble just to visit a flower show. But...perhaps there will be an opportunity in the future to meet again and if not in Dresden maybe somewhere else!!!:)
At any rate I'm going to be there on Saturday 15th of March (that isn't long away).
Best regards from Germany, GuRu

Latest posts

Back