Paph spicerianum (I think not!)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayeL

Reaction score
After searching for years and always end up with hybrids, I was really excited for this one to flower - reputable supplier importing from a well known nursery in Germany, cost a pretty penny etc. - it had to be a spicerianum...

That pink pouch was the give away as it was opening yesterday, and when I could get a clear view of the staminode today... I think its a case of start again...
20210412_155937.jpg20210412_155834.jpg20210412_155902.jpg20210412_155912.jpg

P Spicy Henry, perhaps? If I ever want to get a spicerianum, I'll going to have to buy it in bloom...

JL

Oh nooooo, missed again!

Definitely not spicerianum. Has henryanum genes somewhere.

I’ve been reading that EU nurseries have had quite a mishap with labelling and sourcing. I hope they shape up!!

I would go with Paph. Spicy Henry, too. What a strange story and how diappointed you must be to own another hybrid instead of a P. spicerianum. Though the flower looks really pretty.

Too bad you're not in the US. I have a number of very nice multi-growth divisions I'd like to get rid of.
I'm new and I dont know if I should be asking but I would love to have one of your divisions. Please let me know if you are agreeable.

Back