Paph spiceranum 'DD Floueres'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spujr

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An orchid I won in auction at the club. I could have the variety name spelled wrong, handwriting on label is difficult to read.

a3caeec4-52cd-41fc-b96b-249aeaf4b2d8.jpg
1106191655.jpg

Nice flower, nice win!

And you might be right about the clonal name (the name of your specific plant/clone - variety is a botanical concept, the taxonomic entity used for describing a whole group of plants within a species, that morphologically differs markedly from the typical plants of the species).

There seems to be another letter between the u and the e...making it DD Floureres, Flouceres or something like that?

Ozpaph's advice is round, as the (possible) extra letter isn't quite easy to decipher...by asking around you might also gather some extra info about the plant and its provenance: whom was it named after, who grew it before, etc.

Kind regards, Jens

Last edited:
Thank you both! Yes, I will ask, I know the original grower. Also thanks for the clarification on clonal vs varietal names, I didn't realize the difference, but good to know!

Back