Paph. ? ('Siebenthal' x 'Guatemala Market')

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Phrag is this: ('Siebenthal' x 'Guatemala Market')

• Phrag. warscewiczianum (popowii for you sticklers)

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Phrag. Majestic Tresses (caudatum x warscewiczianum)

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Other: Please Post What You Think It Is

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jon in SW Ohio

Reefer, the legal kind
Reaction score
Phrag. caudatum? ('Siebenthal' x 'Guatemala Market')

I posed the question of if ('Siebenthal' x 'Guatemala Market') was caudatum or warscewiczianum a while ago, and here's the flower. I'm guessing it's warscewiczianum or a hybrid between the two. Sorry for the bad pics, new camera and very low light.
122_2229.jpg

122_2226.jpg

122_2230.jpg

Jon
________
Honda Civic Si

Last edited:
Great hybrid.

If you use your camera on a tripod, you should be able to take long exposures to compentate for the low light.

Thanks guys, there's a lot of options to choose from and I'm still learning. Now to buy a tripod and lighting setup.

I think I should have made this thread a poll.
caudatum
warscewiczianum
Majestic Tresses (caudatum x wars.)

EDIT: figured out how to poll, vote away!

Jon
________
Medical marijuana

Last edited:
If I had to pick, I'd chose Majestic Tresses. The warscewiczianum influence seems undeniable.

disclaimer: I don't know what I'm talking about

the two species are rather similar, especially when you have a darker caudatum or a lighter-colored wars. I wonder if anyone has seen either of the parents--plant size might be one reliable indicator.

This cross was offered in the past as Phrag warscewiczianum (popowii). I don't see why it would be anything different these days. It has always been considered a unique variety of caudatum or a species in its own right. It is native to Guatemala and has darker flowers than caudatum with a more compact growth habit.

Latest posts

Back