Paph. (Shun-Fa Golden x Ice Castle)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramadayapati

Reaction score
I bought the flask at 20th WOC in Singapore from Tokyo Orchid Nursery, and here's the first bloom, waiting for another 3 to develop. The shape is quite unusual and the pouch looks unbalance. Lack of spots and to be honest i dont really like the pale color.

10291866_10152172848093843_7807715301385097931_n.jpg

I hope some of the rest bloom with a larger and broader pouch to improve the proportions. Perhaps on the next blooming the proportions will improve (although I have found that although size and flower count improve, shape sometimes, proportions do not change)

I don't think it's entirely unattractive...a little wonky maybe. It does
deserve another chance to charm you. What's in the little green packet?
My curiosity is killing me!

That is a freakishly small pouch. Must of had developmental issues as the bud developed. It should inflate on a stronger plant.

That is a freakishly small pouch. Must of had developmental issues as the bud developed. It should inflate on a stronger plant.

It took almost 4 months for the bud initiation.
My growing area isnt really desirable for Paphs actually, and during the bud development we were having trans season here so it might caused some deformation.
The second flower is initiating soon i guess, gonna post it here as soon as its bloomed ;)

Latest posts

Back