Paph. Shirley Amundson

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddybear

Awarded Stud
Reaction score
I've has this one only 2.5 years and already have had 4 blooms with a fifth on the way!

PaphShirleyAmundson2008_3copy.jpg

I like it, well done. I think the combination of the two parents worked out very well here. I would not mind having a division of this plant.
acmodontum x hookerae

And Shirley Amundson was a really great lady. Her husband, Neil the orchid grower, was a stinker but Shirley was nice.

Oh yea, nice flower I like the color combinations going on.

:drool: Your photo is AWESOME! Makes one want to go out & get one of these even if it's not their thing!

This cross, Erika Potent, and Xanthophyllum all came out of OZ at pretty much the same time. All are similar and spectacular! Right Wolfdog?

-Ernie

This cross, Erika Potent, and Xanthophyllum all came out of OZ at pretty much the same time. All are similar and spectacular!
-Ernie
Is there a hidden message in this or am I just sounding paranoid? :eek: I see the photo. Very colorful and it's well photographed!

Is there a hidden message in this or am I just sounding paranoid? :eek: I see the photo. Very colorful and it's well photographed!

??? I didn't intend a hidden message? What do you think I meant? I believe they are all true to name. Off hand I forget the exact parentage and am too lazy at the moment to look them up, but they are all hookerae crosses with in no particular order acmodontum, mastersianum, and maybe urbanianum. So it's clear how the flowers will be similar. I wasn't pitching sales either because we sold out long ago and are sorry we didn't keep more. :(

-Ernie

This cross, Erika Potent, and Xanthophyllum all came out of OZ at pretty much the same time. All are similar and spectacular! Right Wolfdog?

-Ernie

Why yes indeed Ernie these are very nice. I seem to remember acquiring a certain Paph Erika Potent from one Enlightened Orchids that just happend to receive an HCC award from a certain group of AOS judges here in the Pacific Northwest. :poke: I love this cross as well. I now have 3 Xanthophyllum plants....I can't wait for them to bloom.

The one in this thread is very nice too. :drool:

Craig

Latest posts

Back