Paph Shin-Yi Williams, something new

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
This clone's characteristics don't show up on a google search yet. Most I've seen look more like the Wm. Ambler parent.
PaphShin-YiWilliams1_zps75eb1b7b.jpg

PaphShin-YiWilliams2_zpsbddec176.jpg

PaphShin-YiWilliams3_zps8af6d36b.jpg

PaphShin-YiWilliams4_zpsa5f036e1.jpg

Very nice hybrid
You cross back again with a roth and you will have roth staminode with dark color, a dark roth with hybrid vigor...

Definitely a more rounded look to yours Rick, similar markings but chunkier with shorter petals. 4 flowers which is good for the first bloom. I've also got 2 new growths aswell so potential to grow into a strong plant.

Gary
UK

I am learning to love roth and its hybrids thanks to this site! If I were to buy just one-which would you suggest?

This clone shows very well the size and form of the roth. parent and the dark pigmentation from the William Ambler. Looks like a keeper! Congratulations!!

Great start Rick. Love the colour and the dark wide dorsal in particular. Nice presentation as well.

Very nice hybrid
You cross back again with a roth and you will have roth staminode with dark color, a dark roth with hybrid vigor...

Some will be but not all. You would get some variation in such a cross.

St. Swithin is a great start Mary. Gary Romagna is a very hybrid too but some clones can be difficult to bloom for whatever reason. St. Swithin on the other hand, are free blooming once the fan matures.

Went to judging today but left this plant behind. I have big plans for this guy on future bloomings, one being higher flower count.

Last edited:
Back