Paph Shin-Yi Sanders first bloom

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Very excited about this cross:
Paph. Michael Koopowitz ‘Ping Pong’ AM/TOGA x sanderanium
Longest petal length is 46cm. Four flowers. Single fan. First flower has uneven length of petals but I am ok with that fault. My sanderanium plant is years from hopefully blooming so this is a nice substitute for me until then.
(I am not sure how long a “good” sanderanium petal length is).
1644068314957.jpeg
1644068387351.jpeg

You have a great outcome for the cross.
I personally don't like to stake this type of breeding in a straight up position, which yours is not totally. More of a long natrual arch then stake if need be. The flowers will display better, individually as well as a group. Just my preference.

You have a great outcome for the cross.
I personally don't like to stake this type of breeding in a straight up position, which yours is not totally. More of a long natrual arch then stake if need be. The flowers will display better, individually as well as a group. Just my preference.
I agree. My concern is that I knock over plants and if not staked I will certainly break a spike before enjoying the flowers.
I sometimes un-stake and decide if the open flowers look more natural at an arch. Then set the plant in a spot where I am less likely to damage.

Latest posts

Back