Paph Shin-Yi Isabel

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
First flowering seedling. A lot of stonei has come through on this clone. The large growth you can see is the new lead. It is monstrous compared to the flowering growth, so I suspect I will get a lot more flowers next time.

Paph Shin-Yi Isabel (Lady Isabel 'Spring' x PEOY 'Shin-Yi')

Shin-Yi%20Isabel%202.jpg

Shin-Yi%20Isabel.jpg

A very nice cross David and the stoneii influence can be seen. Really like the form of the whole flower.

Gary

Nice outcome David. How long did it take to bloom it?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rick - this is a plant that was included in a shipment of plants imported from Taiwan. As a result it had to be fumigated and sit in quarantine for 3 months. My experience with such plants is generally negative. The fumigation kills all the roots, the plants are incredibly weak, struggle to grow and often succumb to rots. This plant is an exception. It grew back its roots relatively quickly and grew well from the start. Still, despite being NFS when I got it, it took 6 and a half years to flower it. I find there is little to be gained from importing plants into this country.

from Howard?
Its very nice.

Id love to see it with 4 flowers!

Yes, this comes from Howard. This plant came from his very first shipment in early 2012. I ordered 10 nfs plants. I have only flowered two.

I'm pretty certain it will have 4 flowers next time it flowers, maybe even 5.

its awardable with 4, very awardable with 5 - check orchid wiz for size etc on this flowering

I'm not sure about awardable. A few flaws. I'm pretty happy with it and it could improve a bit on the next flowering on a much larger growth. I wish it had more shoulder on the petals though and it has a colour break down the middle of the pouch. It is on both flowers so it may be permanent. Time will tell.

I really like this Shin Yi Isabel. It has taken all the best attributes of each parent. I think this is the sort of outcome you would hope for in such a cross.

http://www.orchids.com/Paph-Shin-Yi...-of-York-In-Charm-x-Lady-Isabel-OZ-P1436.aspx

Latest posts

Back