Paph Season 2023

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Tony, I`m been meaning to say that your plants look really nice and healthy. Then I noticed from your pictures that you have several kinds of Tillandsias and other plants. You have e.g., a Stag`s horn fern, I think and behind Yang-Ji Apple is it a Hoya, the one with small leaves and flowers hanging? Then you have some others with bigger leaves, that look familiar, but I don`t remember the names now. Then in the picture of Wössner Sphinx on the left side of the flowers, there is hanging on the wall one that looks like Neofinetia/Vanda falcata and on the left side of that Tillandsia usneoides hanging, am I right or wrong?

Kind regards, Annica

Hi Tony, I`m been meaning to say that your plants look really nice and healthy. Then I noticed from your pictures that you have several kinds of Tillandsias and other plants. You have e.g., a Stag`s horn fern, I think and behind Yang-Ji Apple is it a Hoya, the one with small leaves and flowers hanging? Then you have some others with bigger leaves, that look familiar, but I don`t remember the names now. Then in the picture of Wössner Sphinx on the left side of the flowers, there is hanging on the wall one that looks like Neofinetia/Vanda falcata and on the left side of that Tillandsia usneoides hanging, am I right or wrong?

Kind regards, Annica

Thank you! Behind the Yang-ji Apple is Dischidia ruscifolia, a Hoya relative, and I do have a few Hoya scattered around. The rest you have correct, Tillandsia usneoides is a vigorous monster here, I hang it over the roots of my mounted plants to hold a little extra moisture around them between waterings.

Roths 'Legendary' x 'Tats' from Orchids Limited opening up now and I think I can see why pics of the parents don't exist 😬

20230401_105931.jpg

Busy today unpacking what is probably my last box of plants from Orchid Inn. If you're thinking about an order I strongly suggest you do it now, judging from the absurd number of bonus plants it looks like Sam is really making a push to clear out and fully retire. We're losing a giant in the community but I'm so glad I was able to get a good sample of his plants over the last few years to help keep his work alive.

20230401_151300.jpg

roths 'Legendary' x 'Tats' did its best adductum impression and never developed past this point. I'm torn on whether I want to yeet it into the sun or give it another shot to see if the poor color and form was a one-off developmental anomaly or if it's really this bad 😂

Attachments

• 20230406_171057.jpg
    20230406_171057.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
roths 'Legendary' x 'Tats' did its best adductum impression and never developed past this point. I'm torn on whether I want to yeet it into the sun or give it another shot to see if the poor color and form was a one-off developmental anomaly or if it's really this bad 😂
yeet it over my way if you decide to dump it 👀

Well it's a bell curve. They can't all be winners.

That's what I have been hearing and also reading, that stonei can be a terrible nerve-wracking plant, regarding its flowering. They grow ones patience, or not. 😅

Latest posts

Back