Paph Season 2023

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like that colour too, there are better one, but still. And if the petals are a bit wonky, so why is it so terrible. Who of us is totally perfect, I wonder🤔 It should be actually good that there are variation. How dull it would be if all the flowers would look the same! 😉😊
But I do understand what you mean and why 😃 BTW, it's a matter of taste.

I like that colour too, there are better one, but still. And if the petals are a bit wonky, so why is it so terrible. Who of us is totally perfect, I wonder🤔 It should be actually good that there are variation. How dull it would be if all the flowers would look the same! 😉😊
But I do understand what you mean and why 😃 BTW, it's a matter of taste.

I have limited space and lofty goals, anything that isn't award/breeding worthy has to move on.

I here you Tony, and I understood already before, what your goal was/is.
I didn't say that in the previous message to be mean in anyway! Hope you understand that 😊

I grow orchids just to enjoy them and hope to succeed, and what I think is really beautiful, might not be what others think. It's good that people have different taste.

Another roths 'Giant Wings Jr' x 'X-Hot'

20230213_190339.jpg

My haynaldianum is really going for it this year with four flowers and two buds, in years past it has always bloomed 2-3 flowers per spike.

20230213_190443.jpg
20230213_190449.jpg

A fun oddball on the way, Wössner Sphinx. I have another a few days behind it with rounder, greener buds. I'm not expecting much from the cross but it will be fun to see how they vary.

20230213_190602.jpg

May I ask Tony, what`s that orchid growing on a block of wood or cork slab on the upper left side of your roth dorsal in the first picture? The left side of that grows a Phal. I think.

May I ask Tony, what`s that orchid growing on a block of wood or cork slab on the upper left side of your roth dorsal in the first picture? The left side of that grows a Phal. I think.

Ascocentrum curvifolium, and the Phal looking plant is Dendrobium tetragonum, it's just sitting at an angle hiding the canes.

20221205_171849.jpg

Thanks Tony! Ha,ha. Yes, now I see the canes, I really thought it might have been a Phal.
Funny looking flower. The long sepals and petals remind Brassia, the spider plant. Cute!

Thanks Tony! Ha,ha. Yes, now I see the canes, I really thought it might have been a Phal.
Funny looking flower. The long sepals and petals remind Brassia, the spider plant. Cute!

I love Brassia, my first orchid ever was Brassia Datacosa 'Coos Bay'AM/AOS that I bought at a show in 1993 and I still grow it along with a handful of others.

DSC00170_Small_.JPG
received_410441862896028.jpeg
20210710_095158.jpg
20210714_155728.jpg
20220831_153140.jpg
20221110_095049.jpg

I've always liked them too. My first Brassia was antherotes, which grew and flowered easily. My first orchids, along with other plants, died because of our GS. It's too long story to tell now.
I have now one unknown Brassia. It could be antherotes or some hybrid. I happened to find that flowering in a greenhouse I saw, when driving from one place to another place,when working. It was the owners, but he agreed to sell the plant. I had to make two plants from it, and I must replant them this year. Just don't know how to do that, it wont be easy. I was going to attach pictures of that, I don't understand, why I wont find any. I know I must have them somewhere. I'll send later, when I find them. 🙃

Brassia rex 'Wiomao Spotless' is among my favorites!
I used to have hybrid Shooting Star that would always put up a nice big show.
Unfortunately, it had to go when I moved last. All the big ones and mericlones are the first to go.

Tony, is that the Wössner Sphinx? It looks nice, light colours, but nice. That Henrietta Fujiwara has good yellow colour on the pouch and petals.
I managed to find two pictures of the other one of my Brassia. It grows constantly, but it`s nice because it flowers also from the older bulbs. Last year it flowered a really long time. Both plants started to put out inflorescence in April and flowered to the end of August. Both flowered with five inflorescences, I think. It doesn`t open all at once as some do, and the flowers last a long time and smell good.

Attachments

• 20220619_111005.jpg
    20220619_111005.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220619_111014.jpg
    20220619_111014.jpg
    736.4 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back