Paph Season 2022

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This vini is my second unifloral to double bud this season, the other was a jackii which blasted as it opened like parvis love to do. The real test will be my multi flower counts next spring but I'm hoping this is a sign that the changes I made in my feed this year are paying off.

Attachments

• 20221107_180613.jpg
    20221107_180613.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Tony, what changes have you made in your feeding?
Also, while the topic is on, do you provide extra light hours for your mutlis as the days get shorter in the winter?
I had my multis under T8 but they are now too big and moved to window where the light hours are not as long.

I mostly moved away from K-Lite in favor of blending my own nutes from raw ingredients based largely on Xaviers work published here and in his pdf.

I haven't run supplemental lights in the past and I think that was a big part of my low flower counts, this year I'm hanging 100 watt Spider Farmer LED panels every few feet and running them from 6 am to 8 pm. I have to run a few more outlets to get them all up but the couple I have going now are putting out some serious light.

Another out of season multi, Paph Predacious. I've bloomed this one several times and the flowers have been consistently mediocre, it will be getting evicted shortly.

Attachments

• 20221108_180746.jpg
    20221108_180746.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Back