Paph Season 2022

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

Multi Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Off to a decent start this year, a handful of uniflorals and some cool mini multis, Raingreen's Sandy Hawk and Raingreen's Grande. The RG with the funky pouch is getting culled but the rest will stay to see how they bloom on more mature plants. Lots of sheaths showing up on the big multis including four first bloom roths so far, I can't wait to see what they have brewing.

Two clones of sukhakulii:
20220112_171653.jpg20220112_171622.jpg

Two clones of venustum album:
20220112_171645.jpg20220112_171636.jpg

spicerianum:
20220116_185922.jpg

Multis in sheath/spike:
20220113_172008.jpg

Tony, the new year is still young and you're showing already a lot of lovely Paph blooms. Great to see them all ! The P. venustum fma. measuresianum in the second photos is a pretty good one...if the shape and stance of the flower stays this way. Congrats !
P.S. If I was you I would even give the 'RG with the funky pouch' a second chance.

Pinocchio joined the party. I'm not a huge Cochlopetalum fan but I'm happy with how this one turned out. 20220120_145519.jpg

The venustum with two flowers has stayed nice and flat compared to the other. Again not a plant I'm overly fond of but nice for what it is.
20220120_145553.jpg20220120_145606.jpg

And spicerianum under better lighting than the last pic, easily one of my favorite uniflorals.
20220120_145541.jpg

We're plotting a move to some land where we can put up big greenhouses, between my orchids and Shannon's Aloe we could easily use 10x our current space or more lol

I'm envy with green! but happy for you. I think greenhouse no matter what the size will eventually fill up.
There are simply too many great plants to try out there. I want a land to build a greenhouse or at least a basement to turn into a grow space. Oh, well...
By the way, can Aloe grow outside year round where you are, or is winter too much for them to handle??

I'm envy with green! but happy for you. I think greenhouse no matter what the size will eventually fill up.
There are simply too many great plants to try out there. I want a land to build a greenhouse or at least a basement to turn into a grow space. Oh, well...
By the way, can Aloe grow outside year round where you are, or is winter too much for them to handle??

Most of them need to be greenhoused and heated. There are some that are frost hardy but even those do better under cover to keep the rain off of them.

Latest posts

Back