Paph. sangii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

lienluu

This one takes forever to open! I don't think it's finished yet.

sangii1.jpg

Rick said:
Nice color. How long have you been growing this plant?

About four years. It's spiked in the past but blasted. So this year, I got sick of it and stuck it in a corner and forgot about it until a month ago when I was moving some plants around and noticed a nice healthy bud on it!

Nice flowers! It is a very fussy grower and I bet you repot this plant yearly and use very clean water.

Paphman910

guess what ??? one of my favorite species !!! :rollhappy: how do you grow yours (potting mix, light, etc) ?

Sangii said:
how do you grow yours (potting mix, light, etc) ?

Just my normal mix, seedling bark, charcoal and sponge rock. I have it actually in a shadier part of the GH. I did grow them in higher light in past years but the spikes never matured past about 2". Like I said, i got sick of it doing that for several years so i stuck them all in a corner and forgot about them. They don't get any special treatment at all and i just water with my normal tap water.

I do keep them fairly moist though.

Just got my new camera today, though the macro lens won't be here till Tuesday! Anyhow, here is an updated shot. I don't think this flower has anymore stretching to do as it's been like this now for 2 or 3 days.

sangiieos.jpg

Nice photo Lien. I can't wait till you take pictures with your new camera. Hopefully you can take closeup picture of your Paph sangii. I rarely see nice photos of this species. You should also take pictures of the plant and the flower spike. It is truly a beautiful species. Congrats!

Paphman910

Latest posts

Back