Paph. sangii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also bought a Sangii from Paph Paradise in May. It is in a 2" pot. So far it grows one new leave and it gets bigger. no new growth yet. I am hoping it will send a spike this winter. I water it every other days. Will the daily watering rot the root? Will it spend up the growth?

We water our Paph sangii every other day with no damage to the roots. It is important to flush the pot thoroughly to bring air down to the roots every time you water. This will also wash away any excess salts and decaying organic material.
Has anyone tried this species in semi-hydroponics?
Dave

We water our Paph sangii every other day with no damage to the roots. It is important to flush the pot thoroughly to bring air down to the roots every time you water. This will also wash away any excess salts and decaying organic material.
Dave
Ok, I will keep my every other day watering. I collect the rain water and use it to water the Sangii. it seems to like the rain water. I do flush the pot and try to get rid of the most water at the bottom. when I shine a flash light in the plant, I think there might be a new leave or (I hope) a spike forming.

Dave
Dave. I have all my sangii in the small.kiwi with 15%ish perlite and 10%ish river gravel. Watering everyday. Flushing every 4th or 5th day.

Latest posts

Back