Paph sangii 'Sacred'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Greenpaph

Currently in bloom. First time bloomer. It blasted last year! Other than the dimple on the pouch; I am very pleased with it!

PaphsangiiSacred.jpg

Full plant shot:

PaphsangiiSacredfullplant.jpg

Excellent! I'm hoping the one I put in s/h a while back blooms out with as nice a color as yours! Did it blooms off of a single growth or did it have to grow several before blooming?

Excellent! I'm hoping the one I put in s/h a while back blooms out with as nice a color as yours! Did it blooms off of a single growth or did it have to grow several before blooming?

Candace,

Last year growth died off after blasting and currently there is just the one growth. I hope it sends a new one soon!

Thanks

I really like it ... never seen a sangii and from most photos I've seen of them I assumed that they were all ugly by default. Thanks for the education ... I think it is stunning. Anyone ever crossed sangii with hookerae ? ... could be interesting and hopefully easier to keep than either parent.
Cheers,
Tim

Well some of them look really bedraggled and mangled ... like they were dragged out of the depths of a swamp ... but this specimen is strikingly beautiful ... makes me want one.

I've never seen one in bloom in person either, but all the photos on the net look great to me and very much like this one.

Great growing Peter. Tell us some of your culturing backround on this since its got a tough reputation.

I have a multigrowth plant that I'm hoping will bloom this year. Save the pollen!

Have any sangii been crossed with roth? How about armeniacum? Take care, Eric

Great growing Peter. Tell us some of your culturing backround on this since its got a tough reputation.

I have a multigrowth plant that I'm hoping will bloom this year. Save the pollen!

It blasted last year. I then read Lance Birk's book and followed some of his suggestions:

-Repot annually.
-Keep humidity high and uniform. I sprayed all around it almost every sunny day.
-Gave it low light under the bench.
-Reduced watering during December and January.

Back