Paph. sanderianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like the dorsal is spread flat, or rather it is flatter than most. My sanderianum dorsals are always boat shaped, so they look more narrow than they are, and they are normally not very wide.

What is the width? Because the dorsal does look nice and wide.

DS2.9cm

DS 2.9!! Is very wide for a sanderianum. I am not an expert on measurments, but I believe 1.5 is average, 2 is pretty good but 2.9 is pretty impressive. Great sanderianum! The petals look wide too and nice rich color. You must be pleased. The leaves look very healthy green. How often do you fertilize? Alot or very little? How many years have you been growing this plant?

DS 2.9!! Is very wide for a sanderianum. I am not an expert on measurments, but I believe 1.5 is average, 2 is pretty good but 2.9 is pretty impressive. Great sanderianum! The petals look wide too and nice rich color. You must be pleased. The leaves look very healthy green. How often do you fertilize? Alot or very little? How many years have you been growing this plant?

Infrequent fertilization! It had planted more than 10 years.

Everything on this plant looks bigger than normal. From leaf to dorsal. Perhaps tetraploid (4n)? Anyone knows a 4n sandie?

WOnderful but I agree, everything is bigger than normal and more colored.

When I saw this fantastic bloom, I thought immediatly that it could be for example Michael Koopowitz x sanderianum.

Of course, it's just a feeling. I don't tell this plant is an hybrid.
What is sure, I would like to have this plant in my collection.!!!

Latest posts

Back