Paph sanderianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leo Schordje

wilted blossom
Reaction score
December 2008 - Paph sanderianum Sale
Will ship weather permitting.
Plants are from at least 6 different outcrosses. The main parent, used in all of the crosses as either pollen or pod parent; had 31 inch petals, nice 'shoulders' to the petal stance, and rich deep, dark, red-brown colors in the stripes and nice honey-brown colors on pouch and elsewhere. Each size group is from a different outcross or flask.

12 to 18 inch leaftip to leaftip span, within a couple years of blooming - $65

8 to 12 inch leaftip to leaftip span, $45

seedlings over 6 inch leaf span, $ 30

Contact me with interest. A more detailed posting after I have the plants in hand.

I got tired of repotting,
Compot Special - Paph sanderianum compot , These are ready to repot to individual pots. Most have between 5 and 12 seedlings. The leaf spans range from 4 inches to 8 inches. Priced at $10 per seedling, while supplies last or until I get a chance to repot them all. Message me with the number of seedlings you want and I'll pick a nice pot full out for you.

Good Question
The answer is "I don't know, but there is a short list of suspects". :evil:

These flasks are seedlings from about a dozen seed pods, each size group is likely from a different seed pod. The parents are divisions of 7 different jungle collected clones from the nursery owned by Au Yip, of Kuching. They were imported in the late 1990's with proper CITES paperwork. They now reside in several different private collections, several were sold after pods were harvested, so ownership has changed hands since the crosses were made. None have been shown yet, none have had published photos, except mine which is imaged in the thumbnails on the margins of my website. So really these clones of sanderianum don't have public names.

I will put up on my website my images from the 2001 blooming over the weekend if time permits. I do hope the next time my sanderianum blooms it will be convenient to get it to AOS judging, it should be awardable.

One parent that was used most often had 31 inch petals and was truely magnificent. Almost all the crosses used "31 inches" as either pod or pollen parent. That clone has since died. When the flasks were sent out to a wholesale grower, the grower was not given the flask numbers. Now there is no way to know which plant came from which flask. I can guarrantee they will be good, true to type. But there are no specific names on them. Each size group is from a different seed pod, as the pods matured at different times. This is a good way to pick up some sanderianum that is different from the seedlings coming from the handful of named clones from the west coast.

I would be interested in one of the larger sized plants.. i need an address and or phone number so i can get a hold of you

jack

Largest size - is now 12 to 16 inches, and there are only a couple left of these. The 18 inch plus sizes are now spoken for. Thank you Slippertalkers!

Leo,

I'm interested in purchasing one of the 8-12 inch size. What is the best way to make this transaction happen? Check? PayPal? Please advise.

Best Regards,
Nik

It is Sunday, 12/14 and I am happy to say - all the largest of the Paph sanderianums are sold out. The largest available are now are a few 12 to 14 inches, but nothing bigger than 14 inches. Those of you whom I said I will hold your plants, don't worry, they are held. We have lousey weather right now. It may take a few days or weeks to ship depending on destination.

We still have a good supply of $10 seedllings from compot.

Thanks one and all
Leo

Sale Ends 12/31/08 - midnight.

If your message isn't time stamped by mighnight 12/31 the sale will end. The new prices on the website are significantly higher. So far sales have been great, thanks to all that have placed orders, weather permitting I'll get them all out.

Compots of seedlings will be $15 each, and individually potted will be $25.

Larger sizes will start at $150.

Thanks one and all,
Leo

December 2008 - Paph sanderianum Sale
Will ship weather permitting.
Plants are from at least 6 different outcrosses. The main parent, used in all of the crosses as either pollen or pod parent; had 31 inch petals, nice 'shoulders' to the petal stance, and rich deep, dark, red-brown colors in the stripes and nice honey-brown colors on pouch and elsewhere. Each size group is from a different outcross or flask.

12 to 18 inch leaftip to leaftip span, within a couple years of blooming - $65

8 to 12 inch leaftip to leaftip span, $45

seedlings over 6 inch leaf span, $ 30

Contact me with interest. A more detailed posting after I have the plants in hand.

Today is 12/29/08
due to demands of family over holiday time, and the holiday mid-week this week, there will be no further shipments until Jan. 5, 2009 - weather permitting.
Sale Ends 12/31/08 - All orders placed prior I will honor the sale prices.
Thanks (and thanks for your patience for those of you with orders pending) I was tied up with family all day Sunday, could not get orders boxed, and work today is not allowing me to box orders up now.
Thanks
Leo

Latest posts

Back