paph Sanderianum repotting

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OR.O

Reaction score
Hello everybody! Today repotting my first and only sanderianum, I have no experience with this species and I would like some advice ..
potting mix:
bark 60%
dolomite 20%
perlite 20%

on the top part of the moss

too low moist?

I don't think that mix would be too dry but you can away water more often or less often.
The mix itself is fine as is.

I don't think that mix would be too dry but you can away water more often or less often.
The mix itself is fine as is.

I usually prefer to use balanced mix and set the watering according to the needs of the plant but this is the first time with Sandy, you know is just performance anxiety :rollhappy:

I talked to someone who just got back from the habitat (he's been there 4 times) It rains every afternoon. Many roots completely exposed but get drenched every day.

I can watering it daily, it could be enough?

I would not water anything everyday no matter how "open" the mix is.
The exception will be mounted orchids and water plant. lol

Many orchids get rained on, especially during active growing season.
It is nothing like being buried in wet pot.

You can water it when it needs as you say, and you will be fine.

Happy growing!

Many orchids get rained on, especially during active growing season.
It is nothing like being buried in wet pot.

You can water it when it needs as you say, and you will be fine.

I agree with Happypaphy7. Water it when it needs. Your growing condition can be very different than others.... Constant wet is bad for any Paphs. IMO.

Also, I grow mine in the same mix(my own) I've been using for my other paphs, Water it the same(almost dry) like the others...nothing special. I started mine from a tiny newly deflasked seedling, after 10+ years of cultivation, I think I might see it bloom this summer.:D

yes I would recommend that or more likely every other day.

I talked to someone who just got back from the habitat (he's been there 4 times) It rains every afternoon. Many roots completely exposed but get drenched every day.

I checked the pot these days, It seems to go well watering in the morning every day..very little water

I don't see why it needs repotting at all. The pot size
looks correct for this size plant and the mix doesn't look
decomposed. Why do you think it needs repotting?

I was not clear enough :rollhappy:
the photos show the sanderianum repotted :D

Latest posts

Back