Paph sanderianum 'Rapunzel' AM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wendy

Just me!
Reaction score
Here she is....Paph sanderianum 'Rapunzel' AM/AOS. I probably should have waited a few more days but couldn't as I was anxious to share. Will update photos in 2-3 days again. So far the petals are 51cm and still growing. Unfortunately one of the flowers is deformed with a split ventral sepal and the absence of a petal....but I am still pleased with it. The humidity in the room never goes below 60% (humidifier and mist maker) but I'm thinking that I should try and raise that even more for future bloomings.

Attachments

• Paphsanderianum'Rapunzel'AMAOSSept102011 004.JPG
    Paphsanderianum'Rapunzel'AMAOSSept102011 004.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 276
  • Paphsanderianum'Rapunzel'AMAOSSept102011 015.JPG
    Paphsanderianum'Rapunzel'AMAOSSept102011 015.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 189
  • Paphsanderianum'Rapunzel'AMAOSSept102011 012.JPG
    Paphsanderianum'Rapunzel'AMAOSSept102011 012.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 94
  • Paphsanderianum'Rapunzel'AMAOSSept102011 019.JPG
    Paphsanderianum'Rapunzel'AMAOSSept102011 019.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 110
  • Paphsanderianum'Rapunzel'AMAOSSept102011 014.JPG
    Paphsanderianum'Rapunzel'AMAOSSept102011 014.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 83
  • Paphsanderianum'Rapunzel'AMAOSSept102011 011.JPG
    Paphsanderianum'Rapunzel'AMAOSSept102011 011.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 88
That's a beauty. Things like these makes it worthwhile the pain of waiting and coaxing these plants to their perfection. Outstanding job.

Awesome Wendy:clap::clap::clap:

How long have you been growing this plant?

I got it two years ago as a previously bloomed plus one half mature growth. The oldest growth has died off but it is now six growths.

Thanks everyone!

Here she is....Paph sanderianum 'Rapunzel' AM/AOS. I probably should have waited a few more days but couldn't as I was anxious to share. Will update photos in 2-3 days again. So far the petals are 51cm and still growing. Unfortunately one of the flowers is deformed with a split ventral sepal and the absence of a petal....but I am still pleased with it. The humidity in the room never goes below 60% (humidifier and mist maker) but I'm thinking that I should try and raise that even more for future bloomings.

wow very nice you have this plant for how long you know the pH of your culture medium?

Raymond

That's Incredible! Wow:clap::clap::clap:

Very well grown! 6 growths in two years! You are the ultimate Master Grower!

Paphman910

That's just a fabulous plant Wendy. The plant looks really healthy with quality flowers aswell and to gain that many growths in a short space of time is remarkable.

Great growing:clap::clap:

Gary
UK

wow very nice you have this plant for how long you know the pH of your culture medium?

Raymond

I have had it for 2 years (July/August 2009). I have no idea of the pH. Sorry. It is potted in fir bark, charcoal and perlite with limestone screenings if that is any help. It is due to be repotted shortly but I am not looking forward to that as I have heard that sandie's do not like repotting. Any comments on that...true or not?

It is due to be repotted shortly but I am not looking forward to that as I have heard that sandie's do not like repotting. Any comments on that...true or not?
Oops! I hadn't heard that if I had I might of been worried too! Wendy if you have good roots it shouldn't be an issue. You my want to do like I do, mix 2/3s new mix with 1/3 old. A kind of pre-conditioned setup.

Back