Paph. sanderianum flask

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

orchidman77

Finally got these deflasked! The cross is 'Red Delight' x 'Bionic Man' AM/CCE/AOS.

These are some of the best paph seedlings out of flask I've seen - strong, mostly the same size, perfect grassy green, and the leaves are remarkably firm/turgid. I got 25 good seedlings and about 9 more tiny ones that I planted just out of curiosity.

As always - small orchiata, moist and low light/fert for a month, KelpMax soak - can't wait to see these guys grow!!

IMG_8404_zpsd82jfema.jpg

IMG_8406_zpsypgbbik4.jpg

IMG_8407_zpsj7bivapa.jpg

IMG_8409_zpsgqkda7un.jpg

David

Thats alot of seedlings!!! I hope you have good luck with these, keep a progression posting!! Some people leave the agar on, did you leave any?

Troy, I didn't leave agar on - I tend to separate at deflasking and get them on their own.

Sam Tsui flasked them! He had several interesting things in flask now.

David

Wonderful! It just occurred to me that when all are blooming size, assuming $500 average per plant, we're looking at around $20K worth of sandys here. Hmmm...retirement fund possibilities...

AHH! My master plan revealed!! :evil: :clap: :rollhappy:

David

Beautiful babies. I have been debating on whether to purchase one of these from Sam and your photos have made that decision for me. Thank you for the push!

Susan

10 years or longer, and that is assuming under good culture.

Good luck with them, David. At least the seedlings have the typical shiny leaves of sanderianum....trade away few if I were you, that way, you get back some of your investment.

Update:

Sanderianum seedlings are looking good! Growing slowly as advertised (and well-known)...but they seem healthy and happy.

IMG_9048_zpsawfmazpz.jpg

David

Latest posts

Back