• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Paph sanderianum divisions for sale

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankRC

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a limited number of paph sanderianum divisions for sale. Before I list these on EBay I want to give the members of this list an exclusive.

In the interest of keeping with the forum rules on this matter and before I get into a more detailed description, here are the terms and conditions:

1) This is not a "first come, first served" offering. Unfortunately there are some unscrupulous and dishonest nurserymen who frequent this list to whom I will not offer divisions and do not want Heather to have deal with the complaints when and if I refuse a sale.

2) The price is to be negotiated between the buyer and I off the list and this transaction is strictly between the buyer and I and Slippertalk.com is not acting as a middle man nor guaranteeing the transaction in any manner.

3) In the interest of full disclosure, I checked the websites for Orchids Limited and Orchid Inn and both have large seedlings near or at flowering size listed between $250.00 and $300.00 and that is where we will start our discussions.

4) If you are interested, please include in your mail the purpose for seeking a division, how long you have been growing paphs (if I do not know you already) and what experience, if any, you have with propagating slippers. It is my sincere hope that any division be used not only for show and the enjoyment of the owner, but to propagate the species, add to the available gene pool and maybe create some new and interesting hybrids. I am not in the orchid business, either professionally or "out of my back yard" and would be happy to see any of my plants used in propagation either commercially or "out of your backyard".

5) You agree to keep any agreed upon terms confidential.

Details: Between ten (10) and fifteen (15) years ago I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to legally acquire several large plants of Paph sanderianum from Borneo. These plants have been my pride and joy ever since. Although my plants are slow growers I no longer have the room to keep large sanderianum in the space I have and divisions must be made. This is your chance to own your own piece of the world, not just another production line copy out of a flask of hundreds or thousands with one or identical parents.

I have one (1) multi-growth division, flowering size divisions and near flowering size divisions and will discuss discounts for the purchase of more than one clone. I think there may be a spike coming on one of them and that gets figured in as well. Two (2) have clonal names and my expectation is the buyer will not "assume" absolute ownership over the plant and assign their own clonal name (as one of the dishonest and unscrupulous nurserymen who frequent this list has done).

I grow under lights in the winter and summer my paphs outdoors in the summer. Please keep this in mind if you are going to transition the plants to a greenhouse. I do not fertilize with hormones and the plants have had a steady diet of RO water with 15-5-15 cal mag for about two (2) years now. Sanderianum grow in intimate contact with the limestone hills in Borneo and I found this regime, adding calcium, to work the best for me. Please keep this in mind if you will be transitioning to tap water or rain water.

I will respond to all inquires. I will not be addressing inquires, statements or innuendo posted to this thread.

Frank Cervera
[email protected]

You are correct, Tinh. Those plants on ebay are wild collected. There is no question. Why would anybody do that? The quality of artificially propagated plants is so much better now than wild plants; not to mention the fact that wild collected plants are illegal!

I think some are jumping to an incorrect conclusion here. Yes, those most likely are Frank's plants. But this assumption they're collected I don't buy it.
He stated that the plants wintered in a greenhouse and summered out doors. I've have plenty of plants beat up from summering out doors. The plants I acquired in 06 from my deceased friend "looked" jungle collected and they all turned out to be hybrids except for a philippinense. What I would appreciate from Frank would be photos of the parent plants he has been growing for 10-15 years and are too large to maintain. Then I would have a little more faith in his ebay listings.

Wow this is a weird sale post. Just saying.............

This was the first thing that crossed my mind too. I found his post a turn off. First he has only posted here on the forum less then a dozen times. Nobody I know can back his word up. Then he rambles on with a lengthly sales pitch that last me. Frank then makes the assumption that 250-300 will be the starting point for negotiating a price. Since all the vendors out there are selling their pristine line breed sandies "junk" for the that price his 10-15 year collected plants are worth so much more! Come on Frank show us the PICs, flowers, plants.

Been growing Paphs for more than 15 years... seen many sanderianums.... to date have not seen one that is more than 5 growths. Would be nice to see Frank's 15 years old huge specimen plants.

I'm a bit disappointed, tomorrow our annual fund raiser starts, I'd have a hard time listing anything for sale, even on ebay without donating something here but with all these terms & conditions is anyone here going to take advantage of this exclusive? The big red light is flashing!

I had a Seinfield episode in mind...

No soup for you!

btw, I admired the soup nazi. ;)

"So let me get this straight. You find yourself in the kitchen, you see an eclair in the receptacle, and you think to yourself, 'What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.'" :)

"Can you spare a square?" Poor Elaine!!!

Okay, another thread successfully hijacked!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends!"

Latest posts

Back