Paph. Saint Swithin

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow~ First time bloom but with that many (and excellent quality) flowers!! It looks to be a real fast clumper, too! Overall, this is a super plant! Cherish the baby! :)
May I ask where it came from? Or parents?

Wow~ First time bloom but with that many (and excellent quality) flowers!! It looks to be a real fast clumper, too! Overall, this is a super plant! Cherish the baby! :)
May I ask where it came from? Or parents?
I went to the Orchid show at Missouri Botanical Gardens in Feb. 2017. On the floor of the show was a small single growth, 2 flower St. Swithin. I took a pic of it, and after returning home, went looking for one. At that time I discovered this forum and Sam Tsui. I ordered it from Sam, along with quite a few others. I also ordered from Piping Rock and Paph Paradise....All healthy excellent plants!

Thanks Rich... I was actually kinda wondering why it hadn’t bloomed sooner, with so many growths. Before the blooms, I thought I would divide it. Now, I’m thinking don't divide and repot?

go big or go home!!!.... :) just keep the root zone healthy...

happy growing!

I went to the Orchid show at Missouri Botanical Gardens in Feb. 2017. On the floor of the show was a small single growth, 2 flower St. Swithin. I took a pic of it, and after returning home, went looking for one. At that time I discovered this forum and Sam Tsui. I ordered it from Sam, along with quite a few others. I also ordered from Piping Rock and Paph Paradise....All healthy excellent plants!
Aha~ Thanks! I would love one but always worried that these would turn out to be major space hog. I think I would enjoy this as photos only. However, if you ever divide this compact grower, I would totally try my hands on it. ;) What other paphs do you like? Maybe we could trade? :)
How big was this plant initially? It has so many growths in such a short period of time!

Aha~ Thanks! I would love one but always worried that these would turn out to be major space hog. I think I would enjoy this as photos only. However, if you ever divide this compact grower, I would totally try my hands on it. ;) What other paphs do you like? Maybe we could trade? :)
How big was this plant initially? It has so many growths in such a short period of time!
It wasn’t a large plant, but it was a single growth. It has been a very aggressive grower and the only Saint Swithin I have purchased. It has been in this pot since July of 2019. That is a bit of a dilemma, the next size and style of pot. This is the biggest air cone pot, so I will be trying another style/larger size pot. I’m pretty certain it will add more growths in a larger pot!!

Nice blooming! You did a great staking job also.

Yours look quite similar to mine, strong grower also. Is it the var. laevigatum cross?

Latest posts

Back