Paph. Saint Swithin

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm under the impression the plants offered on his site are more seedlings of the same cross you originally bought and not a division. Sam does have a section on his site marked as, 'select ' were i bought a nice previously bloomed niveum. I assume he would list select divisions in that section and not in the general website.

Here you go Slipperking. I had the tag filed away (in a drawer). Tag is pretty brittle, I taped it back together.View attachment 25115
Thanks for the info. I have an awarded one, but had purchased another large plant from Sam early last year. I just checked the tag and it is the SAME CROSS. I don't see any sign that it will bloom this year, but I hope it is a nice one too. Mike

Thanks for the info. I have an awarded one, but had purchased another large plant from Sam early last year. I just checked the tag and it is the SAME CROSS. I don't see any sign that it will bloom this year, but I hope it is a nice one too. Mike
Excellent 527. I’m cutting the spikes on this dude and repotting soon. I do see one little side shoot I think I am going to try and divide off and pot up also!

It's not hard. Just cut some slots in a small pot, cut a hole about the same size as the small pot into the bottom of a big pot, and ziptie the small pot in place.
hmmm not sure if I'm following. So are you saying that you insert the smaller pot inside a larger pot to avoid disturbing the root ball?
What about just taking the whole thing out of the old pot and slide into a large pot with new mix around the roots?? With large chunky mix at the very bottom for good drainage?

I think I have settled on a 27cm./10.5in azalea style clay pot to repot this St. Swithin in. I really like the Rand Air Cone pots in the larger sizes. But, regrettably this is the largest size. The center of the pot/media does not seem to break down. On small pots, I have grown to dislike them, they dry out to fast.

Back