Paph. Saint Swithin 'Kinglet' HCC/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Jmoney

a division that probably originated from Tonkin Orchids. I heard they closed recently, hope Val is OK (anyone know the specifics?)

Paph.%20Saint%20Swithin%20'Kinglet'%20HCC-AOS%20(1).JPG

Paph.%20Saint%20Swithin%20'Kinglet'%20HCC-AOS%20(2).JPG

Registered in 1901, Paph. Saint Swithin is perhaps the quintessential Coryopedilum hybrid. It truly combines the best features of each parent, from the large, boldly-striped dorsal and flower presence of rothschildianum, to the long dark petals and vigor of philippinense. It is no wonder then that the grex has withstood the proverbial test of time, amassing over 100 AOS quality awards in the process. The cultivar 'Kinglet' was awarded a 75 point HCC in 1992. Paph. Saint Swithin is a vigorous grower under standard multifloral paph conditions: bright diffuse light, even moisture, and warm temperatures with a cool winter rest.

Ahhh, such a nice one! I love the petal stance!
I just replaced my recently bloomed (nice) one with a (hopefully better) one from Krull-Smith. I have a long time to wait now for it to bloom but hopefully it will be worth it.

Such pretty plants you have.

I don't recall the details about Val's retireing but I think either Lienluu or Paphreek may know more.

The land the greenhouse was on was sold to developers. The three orchid businesses there including Fordyce closed.

I knew that Fordyce shared its space with two other vendors, but I never realized one of them was Tonkin Orchids until now. This makes me so sad. I used to go there years ago and walk around the nurseries and awe at the huge vanilla vine and tons of paphs and catts. :(

Very nice love the colours

they are so bold in their stripes -
these take so long to flower well done billie

Latest posts

Back