Paph. Saint Swithin “莊苑”

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camellkc

Reaction score
It is the first time for me to bloom it with 6 flowers. I do not know how to translate the clone’s name into English but it comes from the same series of the clone ‘Spring Swallow’. Both are still high grade SS in the market. Enjoy!

Attachments

• 22C43626-CF85-4AFF-94C0-3F49AEE76E9F.jpeg
    22C43626-CF85-4AFF-94C0-3F49AEE76E9F.jpeg
    378.8 KB · Views: 118
Nice flower. I like the presentation of the petals. I have an awarded one but the presentation is more bow shaped. I prefer yours.

Sam Tsui was selling some near blooming size Saint Swithins at a show this spring and he had his big specimen plant there as an example. The flowers were large and they had broad dorsals with clean, bold stripes. The background was more white than yellow. I had never seen one like his, but you could tell it was definitely a Saint Swithin. Mike

“莊苑” in Vietnamese it is probably "Trang Viên"
Does the clone name mean "farmstead garden"
"Garden in the countryside" ?

“莊苑” in Vietnamese it is probably "Trang Viên"
Does the clone name mean "farmstead garden"
"Garden in the countryside" ?
I don’t know. It is a famous Taiwan clone and is named by Taiwan people. The are 3 outstanding clones from this series, 莊苑 of course is one of the three, the other one is Spring Swallow (春歸燕)and the last one is called 御品(i cannot translate into English)

Latest posts

Back