• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Paph. rungsuyanum availability?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray

Orchid Iconoclast
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The new AOS Orchids mag had some great photos. Does anyone know of someone working on raising artificially propagated plants for future sales in the US?

No joking included. I figure there has to be someone raising these somewhere. I've gotten impatienter as I've aged, as well as lazier about searching.

No joking included. I figure there has to be someone raising these somewhere. I've gotten impatienter as I've aged, as well as lazier about searching.

Fly to Laos, Vietnam or Thailand

None have been exported legally from Laos. People have raised them and shipped flasks with CITES from Thailand, but that is not the country of origin of that species. The CITES from Thailand is worthless without a paper trail back to CITES issued in LAOS.
Don't buy smuggled plants. It's not worth risking seizure of your collection and hefty fines.
As soon as we can get them legally we will offer them!

Also, I feel the AOS was remiss not to make some mention of the species' current legal status and the repercussions of acquiring illegal plants somewhere in that article.

Dave

Ha ha ha. I have tried. I don’t want poached plants but flasks or flasklings. I have been down every rabbithole. I had a promise of two at a show in Florida but COVID. It’s stupid. One seed pod could supply the trade forever.

I know where you used to be able to can get them from Thailand.

I know someone in Thailand with flasks, but they are still not legal as there is no CITES from Laos. Until that happens all of them are off limits in the USA.

Dave

Probably won’t happen until the gov confiscates some in the USA and Longwood Gardens or somplace like that end up with them and start breeding them. Is that how tranlienianum ended up on the legal market?
Maybe they’ll find some in China and Wenqing will make them available.

Back