Paph. rungsuriyanum primary crosses

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What other species would you cross to Paph. rungsuriyanum

• Paph. rothschildianum

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Paph. hangianum

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Paph. micranthum

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Paph. niveum

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Paph. sukhakulii

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Paph. armeniacum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Paph. delenatii

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Paph. sanderianum

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Paph. henryanum

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • other

Votes: 7 16.7%

• Total voters
OESk02B.jpg

Flask are available now and he had a flask of rung x niveum. That would be interesting. Probably will look similar to fairreanum x niveum which I like.

Confused?? I understand Paph. micranthum, but why micranthum album. Don't you want to intensify the colors rather than dilute them?

Robert

Will they become diluted? Nevertheless its to avoid smearing out the alredy saturated colors the outcome will likely be brownish.

Flask are available now and he had a flask of rung x niveum. That would be interesting. Probably will look similar to fairreanum x niveum which I like.

Are they niveum crosses in that pic? Looks quite well developed?

Are they niveum crosses in that pic? Looks quite well developed?

The pic is rungsuriyanum x sib I think.. (5 per bottle). I guess that happens when you have few plants in one flask rather than crowded? Less competition on nutrients so they grow big in flask?

#034 / Paph. niveum x sib "Select1"x"Select2" ขาวสตูล
#048 / Paph. leucochilum x sib "joe467 x joe510" เหลืองตรัง
#063 / Paph. concolor x sib "PP15 x runjuan"
#064 / Paph. parishii x niveum เมืองกาญ x ขาวสตูล
#067 / Paph. leucochilum x sib "MU460 x wp385"
#072 / Paph. leucochilum x sib "Joe547 x Gon96"
#073 / Paph. barbigerum sulivongii x Sib " Sulivong AM/PCT x Select 2 "
#079 / Paph. Memnon x henryanum
#080 / Paph. niveum x Red complex
#081 / Paph. concolor x joesianae
#082 / paph. concolor x sib " KL13 x PP15
#085 / Paph. joesianae x paph. parishii
#086/ Paph. joesianae x Coco Fastival Complex (Green Complex)
#087 / Paph. leucochilum x sib "Mu302 x Gon96 TER "
#088-089 / Paph. vietnamese x Sib " Red lip x Select2 "
#090 / Paph. haynaldianum album x self
#091 / Paph. rungsuriyanum x sib (5plants IN)
#093 / Paph. rungsuriyanum x sib (5plants IN)
#094 / Paph. rungsuriyanum x sib (5Plants IN )
#096 / Paph. rungsuriyanum x sib (5Plants IN)
#104 / Paph. niveum x rungsuriyanum (6plants IN )
He posted a bunch. Personally I'm drooling on the vietnamense flask and josianae x self :drool:

Interesting, got some josianae from him some time ago, seedlings. They grow well and I am looking forward to see the outcome of those. So rung is in flask, what about the cousin, there seems not to be any success so far?

The plants are kind of available. They are unfortunately not legal in the USA. Niveum was my choice because it grows quickly and most of it's hybrids are attractive.

I seem to be in a minority here, but I'd always start with rothschildianum - it has such a great track record for primary hybrids, and I think the great dorsal and petal striping on rungsuriyanum would carry through - maybe like a dollgoldi in shape though. Second choice would be the wildcard of gigantifolium, though I fear it might result in a lovely coloured but shapeless bloom. Knockout if it keeps the gig sickle petals though!

Was there any left in the wild after this collection? It would be a good idea to collect a handfull of good ones then breed them instead of pulling up multiple full colonies

Back