Paph. rungsuriyanum primary crosses

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What other species would you cross to Paph. rungsuriyanum

• Paph. rothschildianum

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Paph. hangianum

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Paph. micranthum

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Paph. niveum

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Paph. sukhakulii

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Paph. armeniacum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Paph. delenatii

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Paph. sanderianum

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Paph. henryanum

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • other

Votes: 7 16.7%

• Total voters
D

Drorchid

Ok, I want to do a poll. If you were lucky enough to have a blooming Paph. rungsuriyanum in your collection (other than selfing or sibbing it), what would be the first primary cross that you would make with this amazing species?

Not saying that this is the first cross for sure, but the first multifloral I would want to see crossed with it is lowii in the hope that the petals would synergize well. I would also think that a sequential could go well with it. From your list, I guess micranthum...

I just wish I have a straight rungsuriyanum species . hybrids are nice in the way that they are conformed to our expected concept of what a beautiful flower should be .
However , species have this "one of a kind" extreme look that is mesmerizing . For example , when tranlienianum just appeared on the scene , a lot of peoples trashing its look , now they realize how charming that paph really is .
on the chart above I would venture that hangianum probably makes a very good hybrid with rungsuriaynum .

Damn.... Lance beat me to the punch!
Good call Denver!
Any good sources for a rung?

I would also say with hangianum. But mostly because the hang has solid leaf and the leaf pattern on the rung might transfer to the progeny. Also, since hangianum is a slow grower it's better to make the cross sooner than later.

Damn.... Lance beat me to the punch!
Good call Denver!
Any good sources for a rung?

The plant's illegal dude.

I'll try immediately crosses with maudiae type flowers or similar... a x Wood Wonder will be very interesting...

Also a x leucochilum(i'm shure already been done...) to have fast hot growers...

all crosses will be interesting though....

So no one is having success breeding them in captivity?

Latest posts

Back