Paph. Royal Sapphire (Bel Royal x micranthum)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

This is a first bloom from the cross Paph. Bel Royal (=rothschildianum x kolopakingii) x micranthum. The flowers look very similar to Paph. Gloria Naugle (= rothschildianum x micranthum), but are slightly smaller in size, but darker in color. What is better about this cross compared to Paph. Gloria Naugle is that the plants are much more vigorous, and I am hoping when the plants are more mature that they will have at least 3 blooms per flower spike.

I also named this after a gemstone: Sapphire, There are some forms of this gemstone that are dark pink to purple in color, and I added the name Royal to it (from it's one parent Bel Royal).

RoySaph.jpg

RoylSaph.jpg

Robert

Beautiful, excellent colour

I also named this after a gemstone: Sapphire, There are some forms of this gemstone that are dark pink to purple in color, and I added the name Royal to it (from it's one parent Bel Royal).

Sapphires and rubies are the same gemstone called Corundum, but different names for colour. Rubies are those red ones. I've heard people say pink sapphires though since anything not red is a sapphire.

Sapphires and rubies are the same gemstone called Corundum, but different names for colour. Rubies are those red ones. I've heard people say pink sapphires though since anything not red is a sapphire.

Thanks for the info. I also liked how the word "sapphire" sounded. I think I like the name "Royal Sapphire" better than "Royal Ruby"; Anyway I already submitted the name to the RHS, so Royal Sapphire it will be.

Robert

Latest posts

Back