Quantcast

Paph rothschildianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

emydura

Reaction score
Some lovely roths there. The last two are outstanding. Great colour, form, petal stance and proportions.

Djthomp28

Reaction score
Wow! These are fantastic, especially the last two pictures.

How large are the plants? I have a couple of very large roths seedling that are pushing out 2-3 new growths. I am getting hopeful that they will bloom soonish (next 6-12 months).

emydura

Reaction score
Wow! These are fantastic, especially the last two pictures.

How large are the plants? I have a couple of very large roths seedling that are pushing out 2-3 new growths. I am getting hopeful that they will bloom soonish (next 6-12 months).
My experience is that roths will flower about a year to 18 months after the new growths are initiated. Having said that I have flowered a roth where a new growth was not even initiated at all.

Ozpaph

Reaction score
All large (40-50cm) single growth with new start. I think they need plenty of light to flower (the plants getting more shade didnt flower this year)

Guldal

Reaction score
Great display, Stephen!

It's difficult to choose favourites with such an embarasse de richesse, but hard pressed, I would tend to follow David in his choice of the two last ones (though that makes me feel soooo boring and predictable - no chance for a good fight there! 😴 😴 😴)

Kind regards, Jens

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Reaction score
Every flowering roth is a great sight...at least for me but to tune to the choir....yes the last two are best of this lovely display.

Latest posts