Paph. rothschildianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A nice one!! The pouch and petals show heavy phillipinense influence, I've never seen a straight roth with that yellow of a pouch

would like to see a close up of the flower.
what's the parentage, please?

this is 'Red Rider' x 'Buff' from OZ

'Red Rider' is from 'Rex' x 'Nan Chou'
'Buff' is a 'Rex' x 'MM'

I'll make a close up and post it soon

It is light on the color, especially on the pouch....but the staminode is right for roth and everything else is there IMO, so between roth and St. Swithin, I'll bet on the roth side.

Nice plant!

I agree with Tom. The staminode shape is the key component. The colour is not a clear indicator of there being other genes involved.

Nice flower and well grown!

It is light on the color, especially on the pouch....but the staminode is right for roth and everything else is there IMO, so between roth and St. Swithin, I'll bet on the roth side.

Nice plant!

Yes , I'd go along with that. The closeup makes it clearer. Quite an unusual colour. Looks like it is all coming from the Rex clone. MM and Nan Chou are both very dark.

Wonderfull flowering but Not a pur Roth. The staminode is too large and the général shape indicates à philippinense influence. The pouch color too.
Some second /thirg génération of Roth hybrids looks similar to rothschildianum for the stami and général looking....

Latest posts

Back