Paph rothschildianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron-NY

Reaction score
This plant is not mine but part of Glen's private collection. It has an AM/AOS. The dorsal is nice and wide, good markings, nice color and petal stance. The petal width is 11" :eek: It's clonal name is 'Haley Suzanne' If someone can check the award and award stats, I would appreciate it. I have permission to use it in breeding. I still haven't decided the cross yet.

rothschildianum1.jpg

roth2.jpg

I haven't seen Lien Luu around in a while, but maybe he has some awarded roths in bloom.

Do you know the parantage of this plants?

Kyle

Are you looking to make a hybrid? What else do you have in bloom? Sangii has been done, but I don't know if anyone's bloomed one out yet to name it.

As most know the emphasis of my Paph collection are roth primaries. I would like to make a primary with another multifloral. There is a dianthum in bloom and I am considering using that as the pollen parent. I want to go through the greenhouse and check to see what else is in bloom or about to bloom. Does anyone have a nice randsii or other nice multifloral species in bloom that would be interested in sharing pollen? Besides sangii, I don't have any other species in bloom but I am sure I can use Glen's plants.

Kyle I don't know the parentage...the original tag indicates it is an OZ cross. There are #'s which could be researched to find out what the cross was.

Always these gorgeous and stunning P. rothschildianums - anyhow I can't stand them at all!!!!!:drool: :sob:
Best regards from Germany, GuRu

I have a sangii x roths. Got it from Fox Valley. Very interesting thing, very vigorous, fairly free blooming. Lots of yellow tones. I really like that plant, but maybe save the pollen for something else (sorry TK). Not sure if FV registered it yet.

-Ernie

I have a sangii x roths. Got it from Fox Valley. Very interesting thing, very vigorous, fairly free blooming. Lots of yellow tones. I really like that plant, but maybe save the pollen for something else (sorry TK). Not sure if FV registered it yet.

-Ernie
Ernie have you bloomed your sangii x roth? I am so curious on what the bloom will look like. Can you post it?, please.

I knew FV had them but I wanted the largest possible and then there is the $15 shipping. so $90 total seemed high. Well FV has their July sale of 15% off. I went for it today and ordered one for myself.

Not that I plan on ordering one in the next few days, but where on the site does it say there's a sale? I looked and didn't see it.

Back