Paph Rothschildianum 'Seventh Heaven'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paphioland

Reaction score
roth.jpg

PICT0009-4.jpg

A very select roth from the OZ. It is Rex x MM. It is a first time bloomer. The best of the group that bloomed this year including all his awarded roths, even though they were underwatered by the previous workers.

Don't you get sick of using the word "select' left and right? Or obsessing about the OZ?

Don't you get sick of using the word "select' left and right? Or obsessing about the OZ?

Nope, if I did I would stop obsessing.

First of all, I only use the word select when it applies. Since I don't name many of my plants. I'd rather just say select. If the plants have been seleted out of many and sold as select I indicate that. I enjoy select plants at this point in my hobby. I have posted non select plants like the second giant stone.

Second many of my plants come from the OZ because I enjoy many of their breeding strenghts. More importantly I like and trust Terry. I have bought from many growers and have had trust issues with some. I have never had a single bad experience buying select plants from the OZ.

Interesting to know what I am trying to live up to! I now understand what you meant about 2 weeks to open fully. Once they open they are slow to become magnificent!

I can't wait to see it. any pics soon?

Since I don't name many of my plants. I'd rather just say select.

Why don't you give them clonal names? If they are superior plants then I would think you should name them. Especially if you divide them etc.

Why don't you give them clonal names? If they are superior plants then I would think you should name them. Especially if you divide them etc.

Lol, I am too indecisive Candace. You r right, I should start naming them since i am breeding with them.

I don't think it's 'obsessing'. Just keeping us aware of what's being produced/obtained. Unless I'm asked not to, I always try to post my sources because it helps w/ business.

I don't think it's 'obsessing'. Just keeping us aware of what's being produced/obtained. Unless I'm asked not to, I always try to post my sources because it helps w/ business.

Thanks for the backing. I agree naming the source and how it was obtained is helpful especially for breeding purposes.

Latest posts

Back