Paph rothschildianum 'Sam's Best' FCC/AOS x 'Perfection' FCC/AOS GM/JOGA

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
First flowering seedling. The first roth I have flowered with such horizontal petals. The NS is 25 cm, so not a bad size for such a small plant. The new growth is much larger and chunkier, so the flowers should get bigger in future flowerings.

Paph rothschildianum ('Sam's Best' FCC/AOS x 'Perfection' FCC/AOS, GM/JOGA)

roths%20sams%20best%20x%20Perfection.jpg

roths%20sams%20best%20x%20Perfection%202.jpg

Last edited:
very horizontal.
other dimensions?

The dorsal is only 4.6 cm wide, so not real big. Getting roth clones with wide dorsals seems to be the real challenge. Most of mine seem to be around the 4.5 cm mark. I think you would have to flower a lot of roths to get dorsals of 6 cm plus.

Yes very good! I havr to guess you might be the first to bloom this cross? I have several Sam's Best x Canadian Club I am looking forward to.

Excellent! Best roth I've seen in a while. The horizontal petals are essential to a good roth, and far more important than any other characteristics.

A really nice first time bloom. Plenty of potential and improvement for next time as the plant gains in strength and size.

Gary
UK

Here is another 'Sam's Best' cross - 'Sam's Best' x 'Rex'. I have to say, this one seems to get worse with every flowering. First flowering had two nice flowers, 2nd flowering had two average flowers and then there is this one. The plant does have a very large new growth with much wider leaves, so I will give it one more chance. If that doesn't produce better flowers, than it is time to free up some bench space.

roth%20sb%20x%20rex.jpg

roth%20sb%20x%20rex%202.jpg

The Perfection cross benefits from Mont Millais in the background to round out the Charles E. X Borneo influence.

The SB x Rex plant is unfortunately just one of the lesser clones. This cross can be good. The roth in my avatar pic is Sam's Best x Rex. I bloomed three of them. The other two were OK. One was similar to David's.

Latest posts

Back