Paph. rothschildianum ' Rex x Mont millais Fcc/Aos'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LO69

Reaction score
I grew these up from a flask bought many years ago. Have a couple more that made a single flower so I did not include them in the pic.

We should make this an ongoing roth thread for the season. Mine are a little late this year but have maybe a half dozen in bud or spike. My MM division will be the first to open in a couple days. I expect more to flower through June.

Ivan’s orchids, Atian Tsai, Nicky Zurcher, Dieter Wiese ( Dark Star orchids)??
Karp, Sorry but none of the above names make me help remembering the vendor, he was at the time only selling flasks no plants/seedlings.
It was at least 20 years ago.

Was the Rex x MM cross made multiple times? Are the plants you have all shared started around the same time?
Jim I have no info on the breeding of this batch,
In- charm and Dodidoki's plant look a Little different from mine. In-charm said he made his 20 years ago and mine Is at least that age maybe some more.

Jim I have no info on the breeding of this batch,
In- charm and Dodidoki's plant look a Little different from mine. In-charm said he made his 20 years ago and mine Is at least that age maybe some more.
Thanks LO, looks like they’re all around from 20 yrs ago or so, so far. Great to see the comparisons. I have a Rex x MM around 24 in LS that I was told needs a few yrs to bloom, looks like the cross was made again at a later time or I have a really slow grower.

Thanks LO, looks like they’re all around from 20 yrs ago or so, so far. Great to see the comparisons. I have a Rex x MM around 24 in LS that I was told needs a few yrs to bloom, looks like the cross was made again at a later time or I have a really slow grower.
None of mine did flower on single vegetation they took their time and waited to be clumped.
In the first years, as seedlings/ small plants they were a very slow growers.
Have one plant from the same flask that differs from the other being much smaller and compact almost like a miniature Roth I'm very curious to seeing its flowers as for now It never bloomed. Will put a pic of It for comparison.

Qui con una prima divisione fiorita del mio vecchissimo Paph. rothschildianum 'Giorgi 1991' (pianta al centro con fusto più alto e fiore più grande)
[/CITAZIONE]
Pap. rothschildianum 'Giorgi 1991' : referred to Giorgi's Nursery, in Lavagna?

Latest posts

Back