Paph rothschildianum (Rex x MM)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron-NY

Reaction score
Things have been hectic and I didn't get a pic of all three flowers in bloom. I got this one today of the last flower but it is about to fade and the dorsal is no longer flat. The second flower had a flat and larger dorsal. Of the three flowers the second flower had a 10 inch petal span. This one has a 9.5" span. Looks like I will have a second chance of getting a spike shot for I just discovered that another growth is now in low spike. :party:

roth2-1.jpg

rothMMx.jpg

P4120009.jpg

I decided to fertilize the flower and being I am into roth primaries, I wanted a cross that I didn't have. There was not much blooming in species so I choose Paph bullenianum var tortipetalum.

P4120011.jpg

Nice flowers. Glad to see another pic of P.bullenianum v tortipetalum ... I have one that should flower this year ... will be pleased if it turns out like yours ! Does your torti have striking leaf markings ?

Thanks for posting,
Tim

Back after a computer mess... That's again not a Rex x Mt Millais, the flower this time is typical of the Charles E x Borneo cross...

Gees Sandie! Could you be any nicer:poke:

Mmmh... I try to be realistic, and I have bloomed a lot of roth Rex x Mt Millais ( and the quite rare Mt Millais x Rex that the Orchid Zone had in small number). Basically, I would say that the Orchid Zone straight to me, whether the 10cm seedlings before, the NBS or the BS plants were all obviously from the same 2 parents, the Orchid Inn ones I got in 2001, same. All the others, I have bloomed quite a few Charles E x Borneo, and this kind of stuff. I think whenever a rex x mm blooms with obviously uncorrect parentage, people must complain to the seller, and ask the seller how to track that plant down to the OZ ( knowing some sellers mixed OZ and Charles E plants in their sales...). It is highly important for the future, because otherwise we will see more and more misnamed seedlings...

Latest posts

Back