Paph rothschildianum ('Purple Dream' x 'Six Fay')

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
First flowering seedling. Taiwanese breeding (Iweyshan). I am pretty happy with this one. One of the better roths I have flowered. The flowering growth is tiny so I expect a big improvement when it flowers on a larger plant. One of the positives is this plant has four new growths underway, so hopefully a nice big clump when it flowers next.

roths%20purple%20dream%20x%20six%20fay%202019%203.jpg

roths%20purple%20dream%20x%20six%20fay%202019%202.jpg

roths%20purple%20dream%20x%20six%20fay%202019.jpg

I agree, I like these flowers quite a bit. The whole package is quite pleasant, from the dark petals, dark but colorful lip, and the contrasting sepals.

Nice.
From Howard? I havent flowered this cross yet. Well done

Yes, this one comes from Howard. I got it from him in 2013 as a NFS seedling. It is the first roth I have got from him that I have managed to flower. They have been very slow going. Another roth I got from him at the same time (TC-5 x TN-Tiger) is looking great and may flower next year. It has much larger leaves.

I like these flowers, dark coloured and contrastful, very nice, a real feast for the eyes...as well as your fotos. Congrats

First flowering seedling. Taiwanese breeding (Iweyshan). I am pretty happy with this one. One of the better roths I have flowered. The flowering growth is tiny so I expect a big improvement when it flowers on a larger plant. One of the positives is this plant has four new growths underway, so hopefully a nice big clump when it flowers next.

roths%20purple%20dream%20x%20six%20fay%202019%203.jpg

roths%20purple%20dream%20x%20six%20fay%202019%202.jpg

roths%20purple%20dream%20x%20six%20fay%202019.jpg
That’s stunning and so compact! Is this line still available?

That’s stunning and so compact! Is this line still available?

Time will tell if it remains compact. I expect it will get a bit bigger if not a lot.

The cross was made by Shen-Liu Orchids in Taiwan. I expect he would have more but to be honest I do not know. His website is down. You can try his email address if you are really keen - [email protected]

Cheers

Latest posts

Back