Paph. rothschildianum 'Purple Dream' x 'Six Fay'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is no problem that the flowers are small at the moment. They will be bigger next time. The important thing is the color and it will stay more or less constant every time the plant is in bloom. So from this point of view things are looking promising. I hope mine will turn out to be close to this one. It should bloom soon.

it seems that mr. iweyshen's roths are the only plants from taiwan that bloom out true to the parents on the label and of any quality. all the dou fang etc etc that are so widely distributed are inferior flower quality. this one is super nice.

It is no problem that the flowers are small at the moment. They will be bigger next time. The important thing is the color and it will stay more or less constant every time the plant is in bloom. So from this point of view things are looking promising. I hope mine will turn out to be close to this one. It should bloom soon.

Yes and no... If the plant is well cultivated with good roots, the 1st flower is representative of the future.
The next blooms will have maybe 1 flower more and the size will increase 2 maybe 3 cms maximum. Not more. The form will be a little better too.

But for me, a 25cms roths will have never a 30cms flower. A 2-3 flowers roths will never reach 5 flowers.

About color, I agree. It's same thing. A clear one will become never a dark one. So, it's a good point for this plant.

I bloomed several from this cross and just one was very near "Purple Boy", and 5 flowers in first bloom.
The 2 others were more classical color and form with 3 flowers (similar to Six Fay what is mainly a roth interesting because it blooms with 6 flowers)

Back