Paph. rothschildianum 'New Horizon' x 'Raptor'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are these late winter flowering in your climate? Here (Central Europe) they usually flower early summer.

WOW, 50 first flowering roths. That is incredible. I look like flowering 4 (maybe 5) this season and I thought that was great.

That first one looks particularly good. Would I right in saying that is the best one of the ones you have posted? These ones seem more 'New Horizon' dominated. I am not seeing much of the colour from Raptor.

My roths will be in flower in a couple of weeks which is early Spring here. I seem to flower most of my multi's then. But Herbert is right. These Paphs should naturally flower a bit later in the year (late spring/summer). Maybe it is due to us growing them in a greenhouse.

WOW, 50 first flowering roths. That is incredible. I look like flowering 4 (maybe 5) this season and I thought that was great.

That first one looks particularly good. Would I right in saying that is the best one of the ones you have posted? These ones seem more 'New Horizon' dominated. I am not seeing much of the colour from Raptor.

My roths will be in flower in a couple of weeks which is early Spring here. I seem to flower most of my multi's then. But Herbert is right. These Paphs should naturally flower a bit later in the year (late spring/summer). Maybe it is due to us growing them in a greenhouse.
Thanks. Definitely influenced by ‘New Horizon’.
the first one is great. Unfortunately, the photos don’t do them justice.

To the roth experts out there, do the flowers change much as the plants get bigger. I understand that size of blooms can get bigger but what about flower stance. Will a down swept Petal always be down swept? Will a cupped dorsal always be cupped? Etc.

To the roth experts out there, do the flowers change much as the plants get bigger. I understand that size of blooms can get bigger but what about flower stance. Will a down swept Petal always be down swept? Will a cupped dorsal always be cupped? Etc.
I have started a new thread regarding these questions

50!!!.
Show us a few group photos. That would be a sight!
In my (limited) experience the stance stays much the same and the size increases a bit with maturity.

if you dont flower some fantastic flowers out of these crosses, all hope is lost.

Congratulations on such a spectacular flowering, the plants all look beautifully grown! Mine from this cross still have a ways to go. 1 is clearly a stand-out, but 2 with four flowers on a first bloom is also a keeper, and 5 speaks to me as well - nice synsepal. You have a lot of great roths!

Latest posts

Back