Paph rothschildianum - Janet FCC/AOS x Western Springs AM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
Flowering for the third time now and continues to show steady improvement with each flowering (see links below for previous flowerings if interested). This is the first time it has got past 2 flowers. The flowers are not big though and this plant is not in the same class as my recent 'Rex' x 'Sam's Best'. Still it grows and flowers easily so I'm not getting rid of it.

First flowering -

http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9976&

2nd flowering

http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23414&

Paph rothschildianum - Janet FCC/AOS x Western Springs AM/AOS

I am truly jealous. What I wouldn't give to have a blooming size Roth clone that nice. Dorsal could be better, but the upward facing stance and color more than compensate for it. Awesome. Congrats

Compared to the 1st bloom, it's now a very good roth.

I like really the dorsal. All is now always for round dorsal roth. I like too that but blooms like this one break the standardization. It's a good thing.

I like it a lot !!!! So blooming cycle is +/- 2 years!? Jean

It seems that way at the moment Jean. The plant is now starting to reach a good size. It has 3 new growths of varying sizes. The biggest may flower in another year, more likely two. After that it may start to flower every year.

Beautiful photos of a well grown and flowered plant, nothing wrong! Good colour, presentation and form, I would be more than happy to keep that too.

I agree with the previous posters, this has a different style than the other roths we usually get to see. Where did "Western Springs" come from? These days one has to look close to find a roth that hasn't got MM in its makeup. Yours has become a very nice roth. Good culture, too.

Where did "Western Springs" come from? .

I have no idea. I've asked before about this clone but no one seems to know.

I have a 2nd seedling of this cross which I bought from a different nursery a few years after I got this plant. It is still just a single growth plant that is probably two years from flowering.

I agree. There appears to be a vast improvement from the first to the last! Its also nice to see the plant retains its old growths as well. Nothing more hardening then to loose the back growths faster then putting on new ones!

It might not be in the same league - but your photos surely are and I'd be proud if my little plant comes near this...

This plant is very pretty with a good flower count, beautiful horizontal Petals,the color pouch is very intense and dark ,and the improvement are constant years after years ,the three blooms are always better of previous ,and this is a very good evolution for the plant ,how you already know and also if the flower is no so big I really wasn't paying much attention to this trait.
Let's see where the improvement stops.
congrats,Anna

Latest posts

Back